Conceptualizations of the Work-Standard and all of its specifications are going quite beautifully. True freedom and peace of mind only exists from within. No government, no legislative motion, no constitutional or legal code can ever guarantee that. This is where Liberal Capitalism fails politically because its philosophers and theorists consistently insisted, in their thoughts, words and actions, that freedom and security are external to the Individual. But why not within the Individual? An Individual who is insecure and unfree on a personal level has no claim to being secure and free.
Today, I am proud to announce that the next several SMP Compendium entries are delving into the roles of the State within the Work-Standard. It can be argued that these entries delve into aspects of the Economic Calculation Problem of Ludwig von Mises and Friedrich von Hayek, repurposed as the “Political Organization Problem” of Ernst Jünger and Martin Heidegger.
The Economic Calculation Problem, when repurposed as the “Political Organization Problem” with Reference and Relevance for the Work-Standard, can now be summarized as five variations of Unreadiness-to-Hand Arbeit becoming five variations of Readiness-to-Hand Arbeit:
There needs to be a distinct conception of Currency specifically tailored to all Socialisms. Its purpose is to facilitate the comparisons of certain goods and services based on the Quality of Arbeit. It needs to be done without anyone always having to know every aspect of the production process or the people involved at any part of that process. Since there will be no Kapital under Socialism, Geld is an adequate replacement to fulfill this aspect because of the Work-Standard because of how intertwined it truly is with Arbeit.
- There needs to be a conception of Currency where it is possible to determine which goods and services are better than another set of goods and services. It will need to be able to allow anyone to know that the inferior Quality of Geld for this good and service shares an inferior Quality of Arbeit when compared to others. This becomes important whenever someone compares the Quality of Geld for different financial instruments from one enterprise and those of another. Furthermore, this need to be done without making any conclusions on the basis of Marginal Utility, implying the presence of the Incentives of Supply and Demand. The Work-Standard can achieve all of this due to the properties of Arbeit and Geld and the Intents of Command and Obedience.
- There needs to be ways for areas of the national economy to adjust Prices based on overall economic conditions. The idea there implies the presence of a Profit Motive, where the goal of any privatized commercial firm is the “Total Mobilization of Production for Profit” through the accumulation of Kapital, implying the presence of economic identities (“producers,” “consumers,” “investors,” “traders,” etc.) that inform the Individual that their actions do affect the national economy. Since Socialism will not be relying on the Profit Motive, its motives will come from the “Total Mobilization of Production for Dasein.” Under the Work-Standard, people have a motive to contribute Arbeit for Geld beyond sustaining their mere existences. They are doing so as part of a Vocation, a special calling in Life which grants them their purpose. The more Arbeit they contribute, the greater the flourishing of the Totality (and themselves by extension) in the ensuring returns of Geld from the State.
- There needs to be non-technological, organizational and socioeconomic avenues dedicated to the flow of information between the national economy and the economic planners. For Friedrich von Hayek, he argued that “Price Signaling” is employed within Market/Mixed Economies to relay information between individual firms and the national economy vis-à-vis financial markets. It can be argued that a similar organizational entity is needed to facilitate the conveying of information between the national economy and the economic planners. The Work-Standard can also facilitate Price Signaling because of Arbeit and Geld, but what it needs is not more efficient information-gathering technologies but specific organizations designed to convey important information.
- Lastly, the financial markets are intended to facilitate the planning of Total Mobilization of Production for Profit. In theory, this implies that the financial markets can offer ways for investors to plan ahead through the issuances of LCFIs (Liberal Capitalist Financial Instruments) and convey Price Signals according to the Incentives of Supply and Demand. They are designed that way to inform them of overall performance in comparison to other firms. Of course, what has happened since the death of Bretton Woods is the opposite: the financial markets have become their own economy independent of the national economy through an economic trend called “Financialization,” implying that there is an overriding interplay of Kapital and Schuld on top of the “Commoditization” in exploiting anything that can become Kapital as an economic identity.
- The Work-Standard has its Kontore and State Commissariats, both of which are intended to oversee the flow of Arbeit and Geld throughout the national economy, make proposed adjustments to Prices and Wages, and issue NSFIs (National-Socialized Financial Instruments). Where they and NSFIs differ from the financial markets and LCFIs within the “Total Mobilization of Production for Dasein” is the constant interplay of Arbeit and Geld. Everything depends on what the national economy is actually doing on the part of its countless different Vocations, where the actions of an Individual can in fact shape the fate of their nation, the State and the Totality. Most NSFIs predominantly operate according to the interplay of Arbeit and Geld. And where there can be no Commodities, there will always be “Equipmentalities” on the basis of their Reference and Relevance for Currencies pegged to the Work-Standard.